This blog-entry contains the third part
of my serialization, within this blog, of the E.A.g.’s [Equitist Advocacy
group's] “Way Forward” proposal,
to the Totalitarian,
of Capitalism -- Political-Economic Democracy”, with my own edits added to their text, for its
improvement [improvement, at least, to my way of thinking!].
It needs to be “improved upon”, and circulated, «samizdat», worldwide, in such “improved” forms -- i.e., in as many versions as are seen as being needed, by every author who thinks that [s]he can “improve” upon it [including this one].
Here are the links to the original version --
An Historical Helix of Social Democratization, Spanning and Extending Beyond the Epoch of Capital as Dominant Human-Social Relation of Production.
That political-only democracy can now be restored only by advancing it; by the creation of new, economic checks-and-balances, to regenerate, augment, and support the concentrated-wealth-compromised constitutional political-only checks-and-balances, that have not survived the massive and systematic briberies, buy-outs, and "hostile takeovers" of the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of political government, carried out via the "Big Money" of "Big Capital" -- by the hyperconcentrated-capital-ownership, plutocratic ruling class of the late, descendance-phase capitals-system.
'Re-Constructive' vs. 'Pre-Constructive' [Predictive] Modeling of the Transition Using an 'Intensional-Intuitional', Heuristic Dialectical Algebra.
. . .
Expected Emergent «Species» of 'Generalized Equity' in the Epochal Transition from Capitalism to 'Equitism'.
- Capital-Owners’ Internality Equity of private stock-owners, which, of course, continues to emerge, and to develop further, under the general rule of the "capital-relation" today [«arché» 'onto' of equity, seeded in K, partially «aufheben»-conserved but also elevated and constrained / negated — i.e., via Externality-Equity-holding Publics' Boards' constraints, and other new constraints — within E]. A progressive "withering away" of 'internality equity', via its progressive net conversion into 'stewardship equity', i.e., into democratically-managed '''social property''', is both intended and expected as part of the transition from the '''formal subsumption''' to the '''real subsumption''' of the "capital-relation", K, by the [rest of the] "generalized-equity-relation", E;
- Citizen Externality Equity of public stakeholders [the intra-dual 'contra-thesis' to 'Internality-Equity'; the «arché» social-relations-of-production 'socio-ontological category' of 'Meta-Capitalist Society', or 'Equitarian Society'];
- Citizen Birthright Equity of every child born; equal social resource grants to each new citizen, at birth; egalitarian social self-investment / social self-endowment trust-funds, with "moral hazard" mitigators;
- Citizen Stewardship Equity,
superseding the "wage-labor", '''sold labor-power''',
labor''' relation of capital. Encompasses the constitutional rights of
each working adult, to membership in, and 1-person/1-vote 'economic
suffrage' within, the 'producers' councils' or 'stewards' councils'
democratically managing the socially-/legally-/constitutionally-favored,
mutually-competing producer's cooperative enterprises. This includes the right to share in the profits-of-enterprise of any such
socialized producers' cooperative in which that citizen works, with
partial rights of use/disposition over the socially-owned
means of social reproduction ceded, in stewardship,
but not in local
ownership, to these producers' cooperatives/local
producers' associations, under the collective/democratic control of their
base-elected 'stewards' councils', in
continuous negotiation with these enterprises' own 'externality-equity'-holding 'publics' boards', as part
of Equitarian Society's «aufheben»-negation /- conservation / elevation
of economic-competition-enforced, market-based checks-and-balances
regarding the pricing and quality of the goods/services supplied to the
citizen-consumers by these enterprises, using equitably-allocated, socially-owned means of social reproduction.
This newly-emergent 'Stewardship-Equity-relation' is expected and intended to increasingly supplant the likewise «aufheben»-conserved/constrained '''wage-labor'''/private-capital social-relationship-of-production [cf. the model of "Economic Democracy" comprehensively constructed and defended by David Schweickart in his book Against Capitalism (Cambridge University Press; NY; 1993), as well as in his book After Capitalism (Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.; NY; 2002), to which we are indebted, in part, for key aspects of the conceptual derivation of this crucial sub-principle, and 'socio-ontological «species»', or 'social relations of production «species»', of 'generalized equity'];
- Citizen Allocational Equity as the social principle, and the social policy, of equitable regional-geographical allocation of social property — of socially/publicly-owned means of social reproduction resources/funding — on a «per capita», or per human person, basis.
Elaborations Regarding the Determinations of Some of the New «Species» of 'Generalized Equity' Expected to Emerge in the Epochal Transition from Capitalism to 'Equitism'.
Citizen Externality Equity.
These publics-elected 'public directors' will sit in "local, second, PUBLIC-INTEREST boards of directors", or "local, second, PUBLIC-INTEREST management committees", one assigned to each local operating unit of each locally-operating enterprise, so as to be in continual negotiation with the traditional, private-interest board-of-directors, or private-interest "management committee", of each operating unit of such locally-operating enterprises, located in that locality, whose externalities-production / external costs production exceeds legislated thresholds, continually negotiating with regard to the statutorially-required 'externalities-budgets' of the annual operating plans of each such enterprise local operating unit, and with regard to, and monitoring, the day-to-day implementation of those 'externalities-budgets', and subject to losing-party-pays adjudications, in the new, constitutionally-mandated Tribunals for Externality Equity, should these negotiations deadlock.
The following image provides a summary visualization of the expected, multi-scale 'Associations of Publicly-Elected Public Directors' administrative infrastructure for the society-wide popular-democratic governance of economic externalities, local to global --
Citizen Birthright Equity.
- Moral Hazard Mitigations. The mitigation of the massive "moral hazard" potential of this social policy will require that there be many "strings attached", restricting the uses of this public investment in each citizen-person by that person, and by various parents or guardians and heirs of that person at various stages of that person's expected life-history, and beyond. Each social equity-endowment must therefore remain a partially-social property; an only-partially-individual/-personal/-private property.
- Principles of Universalized Inheritance and of Universalized Birth-Advantage. This policy of 'universal advantage' / 'universal inheritance' / 'social inheritance' — of the universalization of capital/equity ownership / social property ownership / inheritance as a partial remedy for the viciously self-amplifying hyper-inequalities of plutocratic-minority capital-advantage and capital-privilege; a '''social risk management''' policy designed to achieve an «aufheben»-negation of some of the socially-recognized systemic risks of the predecessor, «Kapitals»-system — envisions a unification of the fragmented and otherwise inadequate «Kapitals»-system epoch legacy of "social safety net" provisions.
- Education — primary school, trade-school, college, professional, '''life-long learning''', etc.;
- Medical Care — for "normal", plus at least some classes of "catastrophic", illness;
- Home Purchase — down-payment for young adult first home acquisition;
- Entrepreneurship — public "venture capital" funding for first [below legal-threshold employee-count for stewardship-equity requirements] small business, or for producers’-cooperative launch[es];
- Unemployment Insurance — for cases of economic downturns, producers’-cooperative bankruptcies, etc.;
- Re-Training — redressing 'technodepreciation', or technological 'obsolescence-depreciation', of '''human capital''', or of the required 'human skill-negentropy', for stewardship-equity-holding producers;
- Retirement — partially replacing plutocracy-gutted pension, employer 401(k), IRA, & Social Security programs.
Aside: The "Abortion Rights" Conundrum, An Instance of the 'Intra-Dualities' of Human Rights Generally.
Citizen Stewardship Equity.
The 'Citizen Stewardship Equity' 'justicial principle' is designed to redress and to repair the fundamental, tragic psychohistorical, social wrong that resides at the root of the "modern proletariat" [Marx and Engels] -- that constitutes the origin of the social victimization and denigration of the working class: the separation of the producers from direct access to [from at least "usufruct" ownership of] the "land", i.e., their exclusion from access to agricultural livelihood/sustenance, and from direct access to all other means of production/livelihood, at the hands of modern capital, allied with modern landed property, so that "universal prostitution" [Marx] -- "self-alienation", i.e., "self-selling", to capital and/or landed property -- became their only recourse for survival.
The positive aim of the 'Citizen Stewardship Equity' principle of equity is therefore to facilitate a new historic political-economic regime of 'collective entrepreneurship', or of 'entrepreneurial collectivism', among the associated producers [Marx], by making the usufruct of social-property means of production available to qualified collectives, or associations, of producers.
Such collectives of producers, associations of producers, or socialized producers' cooperatives, must first produce a business plan, and a system of by-laws for their own, internal, democratic self-governance, that qualifies for such access by the criteria set forth is statutes promulgated by the democratically-elected, democratically recallable producers' legislature, and in the eyes of a likewise qualifying, citizen-stewards' social bank producers' cooperative, willing to risk their solvency by committing a part of their means of production procurement fund to this citizens' collective, and to its business and self-governance plans.
Thereafter, to continue in existence, this thus-qualified citizens stewardship cooperative must pass the test of competition, for the consumer-credits spending of other producer-citizens, against other qualifying citizen stewardship cooperatives that offer competing goods/services to the public, remaining solvent in the face of that competition for such de facto consumer-credit "consumer votes".