GLOBAL STRATEGIC HYPOTHESES --
Before that emergence, this project is part of the "cunning" of the collective species-unconscious.
Specifically, under the capital-value-form, it is not pursued, collectively, consciously as such, but only indirectly, in the form of the pursuit of transitory "super-profit" opportunities by the personifications of the capital-relation, via the increase of labor productivity so as to reduce the unit cost of commodity output, which, upon deeper analysis, by Marx, was revealed to be aptly 'modelable' as the pursuit of rising rates of relative surplus-value.
This progression of this energy-[re]sources-appropriation by humanity takes the form of an inverse recapitulation of the dialectic of nature — of a reverse revisitation of the self-progression of the levels of self-organization of pre-human nature.
Summary of THE BUSSARD FUSION BREAKTHROUGH.
- As of November of 2005, the basic physics for a [non-linear/non-equilibrium/non-tokamak] practical, small-scale, up-or-down-scalable, low cost, virtually zero-radioactivity, direct-conversion [no steam/turbine-mediation], fusion-power-based electricity generator was solved, and readiness was achieved to begin a five-year engineering development of a demonstration power-plant.
- The work was achieved after an eleven-year effort by a small team led by Dr. Robert Bussard.
- It was Dr. Bussard who [co-]initiated the first major government-funded work on nuclear fusion in the United States, ~30 years ago.
In the early 1970s Dr. Bussard became Assistant Director,
under Director Robert Hirsch, of the Controlled Thermonuclear Reaction Division of
what was then known as the Atomic Energy Commission. They founded the mainline fusion
program for the United States, which became the "tokamak" program.
Hypothesis: The "tokamak" program seeks a [non-existent] linear / equilibrium fusion regime, involving confinement of near-charge-neutral, mixed electron / proton-neutron nucleus plasmas mainly by massive external magnetic fields — plasmas not well-confined thereby due to the electric charge near-neutrality of such plasmas.
- Later, in June 1995, Bussard stated in a letter to all fusion laboratories as well as to key members of the U. S. Congress, that he, along with the other founders of the fusion program, supported the tokamak approach not out of conviction that it was the best technical approach but rather as a vehicle for generating political support for fusion funding, thereby allowing them to pursue "all the hopeful new things the mainline labs would not try". Link to Bussard's letter: Letter
- In 1983, Dr. Bussard invented a new method of IEC [Inertial Electrostatic Confinement] fusion, which involved an '''inversion''' of the method used by Farnsworth and Hirsch in their later work on their 'Fusor' designs, which dated back to the late 1960s.
- Bussard developed a promising new type of gridless IEC fusor, called the Polywell, and built and tested several (15) experimental devices, from 1994 through 2005, with shoe-string funding from the U.S. Navy. That funding was cut-off completely after the final version of the Polywell demonstrated the breakthrough to high-level fusion reactions, and engineering-readiness, due to its successful solution of the remaining physics problems.
- During the period of U.S. Navy funding, from 1994 through 2005, the U. S. Navy required that Dr. Bussard and his team publish nothing about the physics progress they had achieved. When the Navy cut-off funding in 2005, Bussard was freed to go public with his results for the first time in 11 years.
- On November 9th, 2006, Dr. Bussard gave an invited presentation on his fusion breakthrough to Google employees, which was posted to the internet, and attracted a huge internet audience. In 2006, Bussard's Polywell design was awarded the Outstanding Technology of the Year Award by the International Academy of Science. Link to Google video: Award
- Responding to the groundswell of public interest in his work triggered by the internet disclosure of his breakthrough, Dr. Bussard founded a non-profit organization to solicit tax-deductible donations from the American public at-large to restart fusion development via the IEC approach in 2007.
- Dr. Bussard died on Oct. 6, 2007, from a super-aggressive multi-cancer [Note here how so many others have died, so quickly, before him, once their existences had led to the public exposure of "inconvenient truths" for the powers that be — e.g., Martha Mitchell [just after she went public on the crimes of her husband, John Mitchell, and of Nixon's CREEP], CIA Director Casey [just before his subpoenaed Congressional testimony on the Rockefeller-CIA's crimes against humanity], Jack Ruby [whose continuing in the living estate represented a continual threat of exposure of the Rockefeller "coup d'etat", facilitated by their "hit" on President John F. Kennedy], Michael Crichton [shortly after he published his novel State of Fear, the second-to-last of his novels published during his lifetime, an expose' of the Rockefeller Eugenics / Global Warming global pogrom, entitled State of Fear], etc., etc.].