Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Conditions for the Regeneration of a Global Marxian Socialist Movement . . ..
Conditions for the Regeneration of a Global Marxian Socialist Movement, for the Transcendence [«Aufheben»] of the Capitalist System, in and by a Global Renaissance of Human Flourishing, hand in hand with the irruption of Political-ECONOMIC DEMOCRACY.
We of F.E.D. wish to share with you our view as to the minimum necessary conditions for a global regeneration of the Marxian movement, as a movement capable of helping humanity to pull out of the present, [state-]capitalist ruling-class-driven global death-spiral, and to achieve the first global renaissance in our planet’s history, in a process that leads to the concrete, practical transcendence of the present, descendence-phase capitalist system, and to a global ascendence to the ‘planetary polis’ stage of human-social evolution -- to a global, grassroots political-economic democracy, thereby inaugurating the ‘Unification Era’ [U.E.] of Terran human history.
As we see it, these minimum conditions are the following --
· Overcome the Leninist Perversion of Marxian Theory. The worst fate for Marxian theory, a theory dedicated to the most thoroughgoing critique of all ideology, especially that of the ideology-vitiated, ruling-class-perverted science of classical bourgeois ‘political-economics’, was to be itself mis-appropriated by, and suppressed within, a vicious new ruling-class “legitimating” ideology. Yet such was a ‘Marxianly’ predictable interim fate for Marxian theory. Political intellectuals in the semi-periphery of the geographical capitalist core, its native private capitalist classes suppressed and prostituted by the power of the imperialism of the capitalist ruling classes of that geographical core, sought, as a way out of imperialist immiseration, in effect, a new pathway for the “primitive accumulation” and industrialization of their nation-states. They perverted Marxian theory into the ideology of “Marxism-Leninism”, an ideology to support the one-party, totalitarian police-state rule of a state-capitalist state-bureaucratic ruling class, that violently exploited their working classes in order to accumulate the industrial base needed to form military-industrial complexes capable of defending that bureaucratic ruling class from invasion and overthrow by the armies of the voracious imperialist nation-states of the capitalist core. Vicious state-capitalist totalitarian nationalism was fraudulently sold to the world as the very definition of Marxian “socialism”, via an antagonistic cooperation between the ruling classes of “pure-state-bureaucratic”, Stalinist state-capitalism, and the proto-Fascist, mixed, private-capitalist-ruling-class-subordinated state-bureaucratic-class state-capitalism in the original geographical core of the capitalist system. Marxian theory was blamed for the monstrous evil of Lenino-Trotskyoid, Stalino-Maoid totalitarianism, mirror-seconding the global evil of traditional capitalist imperialism. Marxian theory became globally discredited as a result.
A regenerated Marxian movement must echo Marx’s own statement, when he noted the early ideological re-degenerations of many who claimed to be his followers, that: ‘“As for myself, I am not a Marxist”’.
No Marxian theory that fails to thoroughly and comprehensively critique the Leninist perversion can ever hope to regain credibility with, and the trust of, humanity at large -- or to deserve that credibility and trust.
· Reject all Forms of State-Capitalism as Any Kind of “Alternative” to Capitalism. The “[political-] economic law of motion of modern [capitalist] society” that Marx’s critique of political economy sought to “lay bare” includes the ‘taxis to totalitarian, humanocidal state-capitalism’ as the predictable end-state of the development of “the capital-relation” and of the socio-political-economic system that constructs itself around that social relation of production, as Engels announced in Anti-Duhring. The alternative to the “mutual ruin of the contending classes” -- indeed, to the self-extinction of the human species -- that this ‘taxis’ entails, is an alternative that requires, to be actualized, the global, concerted active-intervention of the vast, non-ruling-class majority of humanity. That alternative is global, grassroots political-economic democracy, such as that outlined in the ‘Equitarian’ constitutional amendments and enabling legislation, drafts of which have been posted to this blog. No Marxian movement that “settles for” state-capitalism has any hope of positive contribution to human liberation, nor does it deserve the ear of planetary humanity.
· Renounce “Taking State Power”. The Neroan/Caligulan perversion of human character, brought about by power-lust, and by unchecked power, has been evident in the fraudulent “Marxist-Leninist movement”, from Lenin to Trotsky to Stalin to Mao to their diminutive, tin-pot progeny, from Castro to Pol Pot to Un.
As a correction of this horrific past, a new, regenerated, real Marxian movement should embrace the design of real socialist constitutions, laws, and institutions -- political-economic democratic constitutions, laws, and institutions -- that build thoroughgoing forms of, not just political-only checks and balances, such as those that characterize the constitutions of the most successful capitalist nation-states, but economic checks and balances as well. Moreover, as a “correction of the past”, and a key gesture in re-winning the trust of humanity at large, new, regenerated Marxian organizations should pledge to never “take state power”, either by putschist violence, or by democratic election, but should, on the contrary, promise to stay outside of the offices of future, real socialist governments, and, instead, to serve as relentless critics of any tendencies toward dictatorial abuse of power by such new, real socialist governments, in their implementation of the constitutions, laws, and institutions of political-economic democracy.
· Commit to «Aufheben»-Preserve/-Advance the “Rule of Law” Heritage of Political-Only Democracy. A new, regenerated Marxian movement must renounce lawless “revolutionary” violence, “cults of personality” arbitrary rule by “Marxist” dictators, and the abrogation of the “Rule of Law” heritage that, in however flawed a manner, militated against dictatorship in the most successful capitalist, representative democracies, although -- and because -- that “Rule of Law” too is now deteriorating in the global, ruling-classes-driven undertow toward state-capitalist totalitarianism. As Marx announced in his address to the meeting of the First International at the Hague, the transition to socialism should be by non-violent, electoral politics in those nation-states where representative democracy with full working-class suffrage reigns, and where a sufficient majority of the populace embraces that transition. The transition away from Stalinist state-capitalism in what was named the “U.S.S.R.”, but never was “Socialist”, nor, for long, “Soviet” [workers-council-democracy-based], was accomplished with little violent intervention by the Stalinist Secret Police and Army, because of the degree of the ‘majoritarianism’ of the popular rejection of the Stalinist dictatorship. That this transition collapsed, later, into mixed, private-capitalist/state-capitalist authoritarianism is a testament, primarily, to the remaining, un-overthrown power of the U.S. ruling class in particular to impose and enforce an authoritarian, state-capitalist abortion of that anti-Stalinist movement, and to the subsequent, nationalist reaction to that ruinous imposition and enforcement.
· Commit to Enforce, and Advance, the Human Rights Established in Human History Thus Far. a regenerated Marxian movement must, as such, utterly reject police state rule, the state-bureaucratic “dictatorship over the proletariat”, fraudulently sold as “the dictatorship of the proletariat”. It mus demand the full implementation, globally, of the bill of human rights that has come to be broadly recognized, worldwide, so far in human history, including in recent, capitalist human history, and work to extend those human rights further, beyond the capitalist horizon, e.g., to include the ‘Equitarian’ human rights recognized and advocated in this blog as necessary to human flourishing, and described here under the names ‘Citizen Externality Equity’, ‘Citizen Birthright Equity’, and ‘Citizen Stewardship Equity’.
· No More “Bait-and-Switch” -- “Come Clean” and “Put All of Our Cards on the Table”, By Clearly Defining the “Socialism” that We Seek. The suffering humanity that was promised, by the fraudulent “Marxists”, a way out of their capitalist misery, suffered a “bait-and-switch”: what they got, instead of liberation, was state-capitalist, totalitarian, mass-murderous dictatorship. A regenerated, truly-Marxian movement must break completely with this horrific “heritage” of lies, by spelling out, in great detail, what it means by “socialism”, and what new constitutions, or constitutional amendments, what new laws, and what new institutions it seeks to construct to bring that “socialism” into actuality. The majority population must know exactly what it is voting for when it votes for candidates pledged to work for real socialism. The ‘Equitist’ constitutional amendments, enabling laws, and newly-recognized fundamental human rights that we have documented in this blog represent the beginnings of our contributions in this regard.
· Renounce the “Outlawing” of Religions, of Private Property, and of Capitalism Itself. Outlawings of religions, of private property, of private capital, and of private capitalism itself are the acts of a totalitarian, ideology-dependent, state-capitalist, police-state dictatorship, seeking to consolidate its power against the threat of any and every kind of potential ideological and political opposition. In the historical evolution and ‘meta-evolution’ of the human “social relations of production”, driven by the growth of the human “social forces of production”, such ideologies must be allowed to “wither away” of their own accord, if such dictatorial degeneration is to be averted. Such “social relations of production” as private property in the means of production, and “the capital-relation” itself, as dominating “social relation of production”, must be out-competed by the new “social relations of production” of real socialist society, such as the new “individual property” [cf. Marx, Capital] represented, herein, under the name of “Generalized Equity”, and of “Citizen Stewardship Equity” in particular. The state-persecution of those who cling to religious ideologies, and/or to waning capitalist “social relations of production”, has no place whatsoever in real socialism -- in political-economic democracy.
For more information regarding, and for [further] instantiations of, these Seldonian insights, please see --
For ‘poster-izations’ of many of these insights -- specimens of ‘dialectical art’ -- see:
Member, Foundation Encyclopedia Dialectica [F.E.D.],
Participant, F.E.D. Special Council for Public Liaison,
Officer, F.E.D. Office of Public Liaison.